[Resolved] Different Layout for Category Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different Layout for Category Page

Home Forums Support Different Layout for Category Page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dushan

What would be the easiest way to have different layout settings for category pages from the homepage? Currently I am trying to replicate it with WP Show Posts, but I would prefer to have simply different archive-settings.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What layout settings are you referring to?

We can likely use some filters.

Let me know 🙂

Dushan

Especially: Sidebar vs. No Sidebar.

Also: Number of Columns.

I would like to have a sidebar on the homepage presenting stuff the site has to offer – but the category page should have nothing but posts from the category.

Both settings are possible via customizer – but only for both homepage and archive page – I would like to set them separately.

On a similar note: In my opinion GP has the potential to be a strong yet slick magazine theme. What it would need first, IMHO, is a (cleaner) integration of WP Show Posts and sections, plus as mentioned the possibility to give category-pages their own layout separate from the homepage.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Dushan

Awesome, thank you!

Followup question, if I may: Is there a way to enable/disable infinite scroll in the same way?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

A bit more complicated.

Try this snippet:

add_filter( 'option_generate_blog_settings', 'lh_disable_category_infinite_scroll' );
    function lh_disable_category_infinite_scroll( $options ) {
        if ( is_category() ) {
            $options['infinite_scroll'] = false;
        }
        return $options;
    }
    Dushan

Perfect, thank you! These options are great and IMHO should be in the customizer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

It really hasn’t been requested a lot which is why we have filters for people that want them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.