Different font sizes for header and body and hiding page titles

Home Forums Support Different font sizes for header and body and hiding page titles

Home Forums Support Different font sizes for header and body and hiding page titles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicole

Hi Tom,

The folks at AWAI recommended your GeneratePress for building a freelance website. I’m new to this and have a few questions (probably newbie ones)…

I’m using the parallax effect on my front page. I’d like the copy on the header (the part that is over the image) to be in a different font from the copy in the body. Is there a way to do this? Right now any changes I make affect both.

Second question… How do I get rid of the page titles? I only want them on the navigation bar, but they are also showing up in the body part of each page.

Thanks for your help…. I’m sure I’ll have many more questions!

Nicole

Bishop

Hi Nicole,

Could you provide a link to your site?

Thanks

Bishop

To answer your second question about hiding elements, you should be able to do so using using GP’s Disable Elements add on. More information here: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/disable-elements/
    If I understand correctly checking the “Content Title” box should do the trick!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Nicole,

Bishop is 100% when it comes to the content title!

As for your first question, it depends on what kind of element you have in the page header area.

If you add it as an H2 for example, it will use the font you have selected for H2s.

<h2>My heading text</h2>

Otherwise, you’ll need to give the text a class, like this:

<p class="my-heading-text">My heading</p>

Then give that class a font in CSS:

.my-heading-text {
        font-family: Whatever;
    }

Let me know if that makes sense or not 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.