[Resolved] Different font in Firefox

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different font in Firefox

Home Forums Support Different font in Firefox

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ivan

Hello,

Today I noticed that my website displays a different font in Firefox desktop.

I am running the latest versions of WP and GP Premium and the last time I updated my plugins was 2 weeks ago. I have not touched anything since. The problem must have occurred sometime in the last 4-5 days as I am certain that everything worked fine last Tuesday.

The problem is only with Firefox for for desktop. Chrome/Edge/Brave and 4 different mobile browsers display the website correctly.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that looks to be an issue between the Google Font and Firefox – see here:

https://github.com/google/fonts/issues/4288

If you right click and inspect your site, you will see the list of font related errors.

Its not something the theme has any control over, it will require Google and Mozilla to fix the issue.

Ivan

Ivan

Hi there David,

Thanks, this helps a lot already. I guess if I changed the font, the issue should be resolved.

Currently, the font family under Customizing > Typography > Body is set to Catamaran. Everything else (Header, Primary Navigation, Buttons, Headings etc.) is set to inherit. Should I only change the settings in the Body tab or there are also other places that impact the fonts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should only need to change the body font, and the rest will update to match.

Ivan

Thanks a lot, David! I will wait a couple of days to see whether Firefox will fix this. If not, I will change the font.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.