[Resolved] Different case settings for main- and sub-menu items

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different case settings for main- and sub-menu items

Home Forums Support Different case settings for main- and sub-menu items

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NBC

I’ve read through the CSS and the page code far enough to know that I’m never going to find the style for sub-menu items without help. I want to add custom CSS to my child style so I can make main-menu items upper case without affecting sub-menu items.

I’ve set my menus to upper case, but it makes sub-menu items difficult to read. What style must I add to the child CSS file to exempt sub-menus from capitalization?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this a shot:

.main-navigation ul ul li a {
        text-transform: none;
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

NBC

Thank you very much! That did it. I have a couple of longer product names that show up in the menus, and in all caps, they’re tough to read. This is perfect.

Just curious about two other things: First, which plug-in do you recommend for use in moving a WP site from a development server to its final home? Second, I saw you mention somewhere on here that you use WooCommerce to handle transactions. I have to nominate their site for most confusing imaginable when it comes to trying to figure out what you actually need (versus what they want to sell you) to conduct business. Theoretically at least, they offer a free version; try to find it. 8-( <smh>

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To move sites from one server to another I like Duplicator: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

WooCommerce is good for selling physical products – I sell digital products so I use Easy Digital Downloads: https://easydigitaldownloads.com

Both are “free”, but can end up being quite expensive if you need multiple extensions.

NBC

Thanks, Tom! I’ll take a look at Duplicator. If it works for you, I’m sure it will work for me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.