[Resolved] Different backgrounds behind header area and body area?

Home Forums Support Different backgrounds behind header area and body area?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sue

This is a little hard to describe, which may be why I haven’t found anything about it in the support forums after half an hour of searching. I am working on a website for someone who wants the parchment background image that you can see in the site-content section to run all the way across the page — so if you’re looking at the site on a monitor with a wide screen, you won’t see the dark grey at all at either side of the content, just the parchment. However, the header would just have the dark grey on either side of the header image, and NOT the parchment.

Is there a way to set a background image so it covers the whole page starting underneath the nav bar, leaving the areas to the right and left of the header image without that image in the background, so you only see the background color?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do you have an example that can help me visualize what you are trying to achieve?

Sue

Yes — there wasn’t a place for me to upload an attachment, so I’ll just upload it and send you the link: http://interbridge.com/images/example.jpg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this:

1. Add the Parchment image to the Body background.
    2. In Customizer > Layout > Header set the Header Width to full width ( leave the inner width contained).
    3. Customizer > Colors > Header set the background to your ‘blue’ color.

Sue

Perfect!! Thanks a ton.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.