[Resolved] Did you change page header logic?

Home Forums Support Did you change page header logic?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mathias

Hello,

obviously there is a new feature in GP Premium that changed the way how page headers are added and edited, isn’t it? At least there is a section for that in WP navigation I’ve never seen before. But the same editor within the page has gone.

That would be useful if I’d like to have a couple of header variants for a larger amount of sites, posts and archives. Unfortunately we have a different header on every page. The already existing ones still have the ability to edit background image, text and appearance within the post/page. But now I’ve tried to write a new page and there seems to be no way to build a page header for this single page within the editor of the page itself. Is that right or did I miss a thing?

BTW: A preselection of sections that might be used more then once would be much more interesting for us. For instance for a Newsletter subscription section, a testimonials area, ads or stuff like this.

Hopefully I was able to explain our problem and I am looking forward getting some advice. Thank you in advance!

Here’s how it looks – you already know, Tom 😉 https://mygoal.de

GP Premium 1.4.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can have the original metabox method back by using this filter: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_page_header_legacy_metabox/

Let me know if this helps.

Mathias

Leo, that’s great and works. Thank you!

May I suggest having this as an option within the page? First step choose whether you want a choice of already prepared headers or an individual one. Would be nice and lead to even more flexibility.

Once again, a great service job.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I agree that we need to find a way to inform people that they can switch to the old way better.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.