[Resolved] Dev theme from site library loosing style when child theme is enabled

Home Forums Support Dev theme from site library loosing style when child theme is enabled

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Evangelos

Hi,

So, I am creating a website with GP Premium and the “Dev” theme from Mike Oliver (site library). I installed the child theme from here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/ but it seems that the child is breaking the styling, for example the buttons floating effect and the inline styling in the newsletter form are no longer effective. Probably elsewhere also, although these are the points I noticed.

I am developing this website locally and so I am unable to share a live link unfortunately.

Please advise.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Deactivate your child theme and go to Customizer > Additional CSS and copy out the CSS that was imported with the site and add that to your child theme.

Evangelos

Hi David,

It didn’t cross my mind to check the parent. It worked, thank you very much.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.