[Support request] Designing a custom homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Designing a custom homepage

Home Forums Support Designing a custom homepage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eyal

Hi,

Can someone please direct me to where I can learn how to custom design my site’s homepage?

Thanks

Eyal

For example, I’d like to create a homepage like the “Dispatch” site in the library, but with latest posts in each box etc’…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Dispatch is definitely not an easy one to create from scratch.

Would you consider importing?

If not, you can actually see the tutorial for Dispatch in its posts:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/u91weqAV

Eyal

Thanks,

I need to create a “magazine” style homepage with latest posts in good looking designed boxes.

Any recommendation on how to do this?

Thanks again

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you already have a website with content ?
    As Leo said creating something similar as Dispatch on an existing site is tricky.
    Are you able to share what you have already?

horizonblue

I have a similar question. I would like to create a magazine-style site.

For its homepage, I’d like latest articles to appear in set areas (blocks?), according to their categories. So perhaps a category header and two or three latest articles for each category – perhaps the ability to feature an image for top article in each category too.

Also I might like to have larger featured articles at the top of HP – possibly in a carousel, though I’m open to suggestions. Any advice on best way to proceed would be very welcome.

Would I start by making a static homepage? How would I go abut incorporating these elements? I read something about GenerateBlocks – would you recommend?

As much step-by-step guidance as possible would be appreciated, as I’m a WP beginner.

Many thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

could you create a new Topic where we can help you directly, it will make it easier for you to find in the future and means we don’t annoy this topics owner with loads of email notifications 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.