[Support request] Design option

Home Forums Support [Support request] Design option

Home Forums Support Design option

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Natalia

Hello, after doing some plugin updates in wordpress I have detected that all the pages now appear with the design option “content without sidebars” checked, when what should appear as checked is the default option. I have not made these changes manually and I think this change is due to some plugin. Now I would have to one by one modifying all the pages, and I have more than 180 pages

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2yZFlIHWZiGnDOmuqyd5x6DkYJPBOet/view?usp=sharing

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to change this setting for multiple pages that I’m aware of.

What happens if you disable all plugins except GP Premium?

Natalia

Hello, thanks for answering. I have not tried to deactivate the plugins, I do not think it is the solution because all the pages have the option “content without sidebars” checked, and deactivating the plugins I do not think will make that option uncheck. It would help me to find some way to uncheck all the pages in bulk. Couldn’t this be done from the database? Where do you save these preferences?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Post meta like this is stored in the wp_postmeta table in the database.

To remove those values, you’d want to mass delete entries with this key: _generate-sidebar-layout-meta

Natalia

Hi, I found what it is that makes design preferences change on every page. I think there is some conflict between Generatepress and LearnDash. When I make changes to a LearnDash course it modifies the page layout settings. You can see it in the video

https://www.loom.com/share/8c2982f3d1094f0c8d1d52385c490c1f

I have been changing all the pages one by one manually, and today they have been changed again when making changes in LearnDash, Can you help me find a solution to this conflict?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s something you may need to report to LearnDash. GeneratePress isn’t aware of the LearnDash plugin (code-wise), so it shouldn’t be conflicting on our side of things.

They may know of something in their code that needs tweaking.

Natalia

The support team has told me the same as you, and between them, I can’t find the solution to the problem.

I paste the answer from LearnDash:

“LearnDash update wouldn’t cause this we don’t control the sidebars. There might have been some conflict with the theme or another plugin (like a page builder plugin) that might have messed this up. So I would still recommend you to get in touch with your theme support and get their feedback.

Yes, I have watched that video completely. I can see that the sidebar setting was set to Contents (without side bars) and you changed it back to Default.
    And what I’m trying to say is that LearnDash has no control over the sidebar settings. And a LearnDash update can’t change sidebar setting from Default to Contents (without side bar) because we have no control over the sidebar settings.

And I still think there might have been some conflict with the theme or another plugin that might have messed this up and that’s why I’m suggesting you get in touch with your theme support first and get their feedback.

You can get back to us with the feedback from your theme support.”

Would it be possible for you to find a solution between the two support teams? I think there is a conflict between the plugins, and that ideally you should review it together

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, well I’m not too sure what they think might be happening.. The theme only saves the value you’ve selected in that metabox when you publish or update that post.

What exactly are you doing before it switches back to No Sidebars?

Do you have any custom functions added to the site?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.