[Resolved] Delete Customizer Settings

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Delete Customizer Settings

Home Forums Support Delete Customizer Settings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Todd

I deleted the default settings for GP Premium 1.4.3 for a new WordPress install of 4.8.2, and the resulting screen appears to have developed a glitch. It is the same in Safari as well as Chrome on the Mac.

Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks and regards,
    Todd

https://pasteboard.co/GNq0Myb.png

Todd

Sorry for being panicky!

Resizing my browser window revealed the underlying checkboxes and settings. Once the WordPress interface resized and responded to a narrow window, the blank box (shown in my screenshot link above) overlaying the feature selections went away.

At this point, I was able to re-enter my license key, and life returned to normal.

Thanks and regards,
    Todd

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you got it working!

Nathan

Hi, I’m new to WordPress and I’m using Elementor with GP and would like to ask about resetting the customizer settings? It says that “Deleting your settings can not be undone.” should I delete them or try a fresh re-install?

I deleted many of the header and menu settings in order to have a ‘cleaner’ looking website!
    Now that I want to start a new website, none of these drag and drop menus is available to migrate content to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there a manual to download for this software?

Thanks, Nathan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you want a fresh start then yes 🙂

The menu shouldn’t be removed by that as it’s saved in the database.

Nathan

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply. Now I find that I have GeneratePress as a Theme, but understand that GP Premium should be installed as a plugin. So I have done this but can’t delete the GeneratePress Theme.

Consequently, when I go to customise, it still looks the same…Do I need to reinstall WordPress, to get rid of the theme?

Thanks, Nathan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The theme is required in order for GP Premium (the plugin) to work. They work together.

Not sure what you mean about the Customizer? What looks the same?

Nathan

Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m new to website construction so these questions may seem obvious to you!

After messing around with a GP theme, I am wanting to reset the appearance, but I’m not sure how to go about doing this?
    When I switch to customize, in the WordPress dashboard it shows me my last saved version. How do I delete and start again?

If I can attach screenshots to show you, It might make it clearer…

Thanks, Nathan

Nathan

Hi Tom,

I think my issue lies with Elementor not GP. I noticed that in Elementor, the bottom left corner there is a cog wheel which gives options under Document settings to delete, so I think I have resolved the problem, even if the basic look and number of locations for drag and drop do not look the same as when I opened the GP theme for the first time…

Thanks, Nathan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the solution!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.