[Resolved] Default template & layout settings for custom post types

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Default template & layout settings for custom post types

Home Forums Support Default template & layout settings for custom post types

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hey there,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the default template, as well as the default ‘Page Builder Container’ for custom post types?

I’ve created a new template for the posts, and it shows correctly as an option, but it’d be great if I could set it as the default for these posts. I’ve tried renaming the file several times to try and get it to work with WP’s template hierarchy, but I can’t seem to get it as the default?

Similarly, I’d love to set the default page container width to full screen for all pages, if possible?

Thanks for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

A layout element with the desired display rules would be what you are looking for:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#content-1
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#display-rules

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Kim

Hi Leo,

Thanks for that – it has solved my issue of getting full width for every page.

How about setting the actual default PHP template for certain posts?
    I have created a custom post type (Case Study) and have created a post template for them. The new template is available as an option, but I cannot get it to be set at the default, as things stand?

Many thanks

James

Kim

Hey Leo,

Not to worry – I figured it out πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.