[Resolved] Default Menu Behavior – Why do new pages get added to the default menu?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Default Menu Behavior – Why do new pages get added to the default menu?

Home Forums Support Default Menu Behavior – Why do new pages get added to the default menu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    8shotping

Searched the forums, but couldnt quite find the answer.
    Backend server nerd attempting to learn frontend, Using the latest release with a child theme; no pagebuilders.

Why does GP have a default menu, which new menus appear to mask when assigned as Primary/Secondary/Slide-out? If I add a new page, it shows up on the static homepage default menu and I cant figure out what the purpose is, since I cant edit it like I would if I created a new menu.

Can someone break this down for me simple stupid?

Thanks and I love the theme and the community!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If no primary theme location is set, pages will be added to the menu automatically: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

If the theme location is set, make sure the “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu” option isn’t checked, which is right above the theme location.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

8shotping

Late reply, but this is perfect.
    I was just discerning the default behavior and now I know.

Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.