Default Disable Elements

Home Forums Support Default Disable Elements

Home Forums Support Default Disable Elements

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elguavas

hi tom. it would be very nice if Disable Elements (plugin) settings were able to be optionally set as the default for all pages, for example if turning off Headline / Post Title could be set as a default.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be very cool.

I’m not sure if metaboxes can function like that (they’re meant to be only for that specific page).

However, you can use some simple CSS to remove the title from all pages:

.page .entry-header {
          display: none;
    } 
    elguavas

yeah i guess the options would have to move somewhere else to be defaults, like to the layout section? anyway thanks for the css.

something else i’m wondering, is there any way to insert html at the top of the page that wordpress uses as the default posts page (above the posts) or at the top of a post category page (again above the posts)?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you mean above your blog posts?

The Page Header add-on allows you to insert content/HTML above the posts inside “Appearance > Blog Page Header”.

You can also use GP Hooks with some conditionals in any of the hooks:

<?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>
    This will show up on your posts page (blog)
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( is_category('Category Name') ) : ?>
    This will show up on the "Category Name" category
    <?php endif; ?>

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

elguavas

[quote]Do you mean above your blog posts?

The Page Header add-on allows you to insert content/HTML above the posts inside “Appearance > Blog Page Header”.[/quote]

yes, i was aware of this, it works for the main blog page but it creates a separate header above the content area. i was talking about adding text inside the top of the content area of the default blog page.

[quote]You can also use GP Hooks with some conditionals in any of the hooks:[/quote]

yep, those two work as i wanted if i put them in the “Before Content” gp hook.

thanks.

elguavas

oops, my bad, the second code excerpt above does exactly what i wanted for the default blog page (as the first one does for category pages). so, thanks tom, i’m covered for both cases. 😉

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! 🙂

Jay

If the override code were added as prescribed, would I still be able to uncheck the page title disable?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No the code will take precedence over the metabox so you won’t be able to uncheck them individually.

Hope this answers your questions.

Paul

I use the same Disable setting for my entire site:
    Top Bar, Header, Primary Navigation, Featured Image / Page Header, Content Title – ALL Selected
    Only the Footer is unchecked.

How do I set this globally so I don’t have to change the setting for each page. I’m about to add thousands of products to woocommerce and I have to disable each of those elements each time.

(Moving this question to the FB page also)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.