[Resolved] Dear Brains Trust: best way to convert from Elementor to Gutenberg/HTML content?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Dear Brains Trust: best way to convert from Elementor to Gutenberg/HTML content?

Home Forums Support Dear Brains Trust: best way to convert from Elementor to Gutenberg/HTML content?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Morgan

I’ve got some ideas to make it less painful, but haven’t dove in yet.

Site is at: http://screen.coach and uses GP Pro, with a lot of Elementor that isn’t necessary, if I could strip (though understand prob need to recreate) the HTML, I could get rid of all the bloat and end up with a much faster site.

Just thought I’d reach out to the excellent people here for any existing wisdom, gotchas, what have you from ppl that might have been through the same 🙂 .

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there is unfortunately no shortcuts for converting a page builder site to the Block Editor.
    My personal approach would be to first create a staging site, disable Elementor, and edit the page in the WP editor – this will contain just the Post content ( text and images ) minus any elementor specific content such as sliders and forms.

Then its case of copying and pasting your content into the Blocks you require for the layout.

You of course will need to replace any sliders, forms etc. with alternative plugins.

Morgan

Right, safe assumption (that there will be no quick fixes) it is then!
    Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.