Deactivate Mobile Version on Client

Home Forums Support Deactivate Mobile Version on Client

Home Forums Support Deactivate Mobile Version on Client

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hari

Hi Tom,

many of my blog readers are still unhappy with the mobile version.

That is a result of my “heavy content” blog with a lot of important information in the columns.

In mobile version, these columns move down and it needs a hell of scrolling to use them.

Especially with big and high resolution smartphones as the iPhone 6 Plus it is annoying to be forced into the mobile version, where the “normal” desktop version would be much more userfriendly.

Question:

Is there any chance – now or in the future – to get an option to choose the “desktop version” on the user side?

I am not asking for a general admin option like “Generate Disable Mobile”, because mobile devices are too different and for some, the mobile design is a Plus. But an option on the user side to choose the desktop version would be great.

Another soltion-idea would be an admin setting, allowing to define the resolution of the smartphone from that (and below) the mobile version is forced. With such an option, I could at least exclude high resolution devices from the forced mobile version.

Any ideas or hints?

Thanks, Hari

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by hari.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by hari.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Hari,

Having a full on mobile version you can turn on/off per user is a little difficult, but there are options.

The most used one is from the Jetpack plugin – it’s called “Mobile theme”.

It will serve a custom mobile theme to your users, and give them the option to “switch to desktop”, which will switch the site back to GP.

I don’t currently have anything similar planned, but it could definitely happen some day.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.