[Resolved] Customizing post hero, Author Page, Archive page

Home Forums Support Customizing post hero, Author Page, Archive page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Khaled

Hi,
    Currently, I’m setting up my site. I have got a few issues to resolve. Please help.

1. On the single post I would like to remove category from bottom and add category term above title – currently using a post hero as follows

<h1>{{post_title}}</h1>
    <span class=”entry_meta”>By {{post_author}} {{post_date}}</span><span class=”social-share”>[gp-social]</span>

2. I would like to add social links in author box – current elements code –

<?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta( ‘ID’ )); ?>
    <h5 class=”author-title itemprop=”author” itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/Person”&gt;
    <span itemprop=”name”><?php printf( esc_attr__( ‘About %s’, ‘the author’ ), get_the_author_meta( ‘display_name’) );?></span></h5>

<p class=”author-description”><?php echo wp_kses( get_the_author_meta( ‘description’ ), null ); ?></p>

3. Similarly, on the author’s archive page, I would like to show the author description and social links. Currently, it shows only image an name. – https://staging.nexttotry.com/author/khaledshariar/

4. On category page how to show description – currently Archives hero –

<h1>{{post_title}}</h1>

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. You can disable the Categories in Customizer > Layout > Blog
    And then you can use add this to your Header Element before the <h1>

{{post_terms.category}}

2. I would recommend using a plugin like Simple Author Box plugin as this provides full integration with social fields.

3. The author description should display by default but the link you provided isn’t loading for me to see why it is not.

4. Try adding this {{custom_field.description}}

Khaled

Thanks,

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.