[Resolved] Customizing entry meta

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizing entry meta

Home Forums Support Customizing entry meta

• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about that! I missed something in the function, which I’ve fixed now: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/customizing-entry-meta-2/#post-1242205

How did you add the code? Through your Dashboard? If so, it shouldn’t allow PHP errors if you’re using the latest WP version.

If it’s in your functions.php file, you’ll need to access that file via File Manager or FTP, then you can delete the function.

Let me know.

Anas

I added the PHP code using Code Snippets, refreshed the page to see the result and boom I got HTTP ERROR 500..I later accessed the plugins folder via FTP, renamed the Code Snippets folder but I still have the same problem!!

I haven’t edited the functions.php at all and I have the latest GP version, which I updated 2 or 3 days ago!! I appreciate your help..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’re using Code Snippets, you can enable safe mode: https://github.com/sheabunge/code-snippets/wiki/Safe-Mode

Then you can remove/adjust the snippet.

Anas

I edited the wp-config file but nothing changed..

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You may want to contact your hosting company – a not found error isn’t a PHP error, it means the server isn’t finding the page at all. They should be able to spot the issue and fix it.

Anas

It has finally worked… /var/www/html has been somehow moved to a different location, had to put it back to its original location. Plus, I had to enable the safe mode for the plugin.. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.