[Resolved] Customizing Colors not showing color selections

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizing Colors not showing color selections

Home Forums Support Customizing Colors not showing color selections

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    J

Hi. I just noticed that the color selections in Customizing Colors are not showing up.

Here’s a snapshot:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/92EBajLgACJUjLVs/www.atnnow.com

I can’t find any conflicts with any recent plugin installations.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    J

I just now got back to following this post up, sorry. I must have neglected to tick the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” box as I didn’t get any notification of your reply.

Anyway, I disable the add-on months ago, so that wasn’t the problem.

Good news is that the color selections have now started showing up again. It must have been a caching issue.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you got it working!

Dale

I’m experiencing the EXACT same issue as Mark Daubman, on a new installation. All customization features seem to work as intended, except for colors.
    I’ve deactivated and reactivated the basic theme, the premium theme, each plug-in one-by-one, each of the add-ons. I’ve tried different browsers – all to no avail.
    Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions? My next course of action is to delete and reinstall GP-Premium (1.5.5), but I’d rather not. Under Plugins/gp-premium/colors/functions/generate-colors.php file is 864 bytes, is that the correct file size? Any additional thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try clearing your browser cache? If that doesn’t work, right click in the window and click “Inspect”. Are there any red errors in the Console tab?

Dale

I’ve tried it in two browsers, both IE Explorer 11.15.16 and Edge; on two different computers. None of which display under Customize Colors. I’ve cleared cache in both – no change. I don’t know if it’ll provide a clue or not but if I go to create a new header the color functions are there.

In EDGE I was unable to Right Click and Inspect. In IE as soon as I right click and select Inspect Element it crashes IE.

Dale

I’ve learned about About:Flags and now have inspect working in Edge.

Yes about once per minute SCRIPT12030: Websocket Error: Network Error 120230 The connection with the server was terminated abnormally.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try using Chrome just to test?

If that doesn’t work, feel free to send us temporary admin login details and we’ll take a closer look: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Dale

Fresh Chrome Installation produces identical results in all aspects.
    Will forward temp access to wordpress and cpanel.
    Thanks for your help –

Dale

Thanks Tom for Going Above & Beyond to help identify the culprit. Generate Press is a great theme – because of the people behind it!!

For anyone who may be experiencing the same problem: It Turns out that [TinyMCE Comment Field – WYSIWYG] an up-to-date & compatible plugin requires the installation of another plugin [Titan Framework] which has not been updated for nearly a year, and with WP 4.9 it quit working and breaks the connection to WP Color Picker.

I hope the folks at [TinyMCE Comment Field] find a workaround, because it’s the best Rich Text Editor I’ve found for Comments. Anyone with a suggestion for an alternative, please let me know.

Thanks Again TOM – for all you do & you do a lot!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome! Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.