[Support request] Customizing a Layout/Element

Home Forums Support Customizing a Layout/Element

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hi,
    I want to create a page to apply to a particular type of page, which I see is easy to do by choosing a location in the display rules. However, I don’t want to disable for example the navigation menus, I want to use a different existing menu but disable the header and footer. If I choose disable primary navigation, I don’t see a way to say use menu x instead of menu y. Or, use header x instead of header y rather than just completely disabling them.

I also want to add our logo, or, use a different header where I could put our logo but not our regular main header.

The goal is I need to customize header/menu choice and footer and apply it to that particular page type. I could edit that page types template, but I don’t know how to make it say “use this menu and header and footer instead of the regular one” and by default, it’s pulling in all the regular menu/header/footer (as it should).

I’m sure there is an easy way to do this but I’m sure not finding it. Help appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

we recommend using a Conditional Menu plugin for switching menus:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-menus/

And if the Footer changes are just Widgets then this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

For changes to the header, try the Header Element – which allows you to switch logos and change colors etc.

Laura

Thank you!
    Similarly, I want to have different registration > different roles on unique pages. Do you have a suggestion for that? Like I want to let user type A go to page A to register and be assigned role A, and user type B go to page B and register to be assigned B. I’ve seen several possibilities out there. Do you have a particular suggestion?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What registration are you referring to? Is it using a plugin?

Laura

So I’m trying this:
    >> For changes to the header, try the Header Element – which allows you to switch logos and change colors etc.
    And choosing which page to display the header on, but it’s not showing up. The regular site wide header is showing up.
    Settings are Element > Site Header > uploaded logo > Display Rules > particular page.
    But on that particular page, the regular header is showing up. What am I missing?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is there a conflict in display rules?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/conflicting-display-rules/

You could try deactivating all other header elements and see if that one is working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.