[Resolved] Customizer not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizer not working

Home Forums Support Customizer not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gyuri

Hi! I am total beginner with WP themes so sorry for the silly questions… πŸ™‚

– I have a live site running on WP 3.4.2 with an old and ugly theme and I want to switch to GeneratePress.
    – I installed GeneratePress
    – I also installed Theme Test Drive in order to customize the new theme in the background and not on the live site.
    – I have enabled the Theme Test Drive for GeneratePress and I can see the new them for example here: http://galaktika.hu/?theme=generatepress
    – But the Cutomizer does not load at all. It is just a total blank, white page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!
    Gyuri

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you using any of our add-ons at all?

I just tried using Theme Test Drive with GP and it seemed to work fine.

One thing you can try is increasing your memory limit: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Let me know if that does the trick or not πŸ™‚

Gyuri

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the advice. I tried to increase the memory limit via config.php but the problem still persists.

I do not use any GP addons.

Is it possible that my WP version is too old? (3.4.2)

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That shouldn’t be an issue, but it’s worth updating to 4.1 to see if it fixes it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Elizabeth

Hi Tom, I am also experiencing this problem with the blank screen in the customizer. I have tried increasing the memory and am running WordPress 4.1. Any other solutions? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What did you try increasing the memory to? Who do you use for hosting? Some hosts limit memory usage pretty badly.

Any other plugins installed? Is the Customizer still blank with all of your non-GP related plugin deactivated?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Elizabeth

Hi Tom, it must have been a conflict with a plugin. I went through and deactivated a few unnecessary ones and the customizer is working again. Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any idea which plugin was conflicting?

Steve

Hi there – customizer suddenly stopped working – updated to latest GP today and still no help.

Have tried deactivating all plugins.

Any suggestions?

—–> UPDATE!

— Just deactivated ALL plugins again and reactivated them all again and somehow, it worked this time. With no changes other than off then on.

Jessica

Same problem here.Went through the same process
    – changed themes
    – deactivated all plugins
    – reinstalled the GP Premium plugin
    All add-ons that were activated properly were not showing up/available.

I downgraded to the version just before this last update and the add-ons came back and everything is back to normal – but I’m still getting the “plugin update available” trigger.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Steve – sounds very strange, could be a PHP memory limit issue: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Jessica – sounds like your Customizer was still working, but the options weren’t there? If so, this version re-organized the Customizer. You can find more information on where some of the options were re-located here: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-2-87/

Jessica

The customizer was working yes, but the add-ons were not, on more than 1 site on 2 different servers.

The memory limit isn’t the issue b/c I already had that line in there.

I’ll reinstall it again, but for now, I’ll have to stay back on the previous version. I created a new installation on a different server to test the theory and it’s still not working.

Jessica

Rechecked the memory limit – everything is set correctly.

I attempted to update and got an error:
    An error occurred while updating GP Premium: Download failed. Unauthorized

My license number is correct entered and authorized. So, now I’m at a loss b/c I can’t even upgrade.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you check that post I linked you to? A lot of the options in the Customizer have new locations.

As for that error, it happens if you activate your license key and change URLs (migrate to a live server perhaps).

Simply cut the license key, update and re-add it then update again.

Jessica

Did you check that post I linked you to? A lot of the options in the Customizer have new locations.

Yes

As for that error, it happens if you activate your license key and change URLs (migrate to a live server perhaps).

that’s not what happened. These are both existing installations. The “update” is the only thing that changed.

Simply cut the license key, update and re-add it then update again.

I’ll figure it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.