[Resolved] Customizer not working with Contact Form 7 or Happy Forms Plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizer not working with Contact Form 7 or Happy Forms Plugin

Home Forums Support Customizer not working with Contact Form 7 or Happy Forms Plugin

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paula

Hello, anytime I click on the customizer menu I receive the ‘this site has experienced a critical error’ message and I have to go back to the main WordPress dashboard.

This is a consistent problem across ALL my WordPress sites that use Generate Press.

I have figured out that if I deactivate the contact form 7 plugin the customizer works.

Is there a fix for this? I’m not a power user so I really don’t know what to do.

I have the following plugins installed on the site I’m working with currently:
    Contact Form 7
    Version 5.5.6 | By Takayuki Miyoshi | View details

GenerateBlocks
    Version 1.4.2 | By Tom Usborne | View details

GP Premium
    Version 2.1.2 | By Tom Usborne | View details

Select Lightbox for Gallery & Image Block
    Version 1.11 (test deactivated this to check for compatibility issues and the problem still happened)

Thanks,
    P

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paula,

I haven’t heard about GP’s conflicting with contact form 7.

, anytime I click on the customizer menu I receive the ‘this site has experienced a critical error’ message and I have to go back to the main WordPress dashboard.

Does that mean you can’t use GP’s customizer at all?

Let me know 🙂

Paula

That is correct, the customizer and widgets area don’t work unless I deactivate the plugin. It’s been like this for nearly a year now, I kept waiting for a GP update to maybe fix whatever it was but I gave up waiting. I even tried a different forms plugin to see if that worked but it did the same thing. Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what happens if you temporarily switch to a WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen – does the customiser work ok ?

Paula

I switched to a theme I had installed, twenty-twenty and the customizer worked.

Also, I just went into the generate press modules dashboard and deactivated everything, I had Copyright, Spacing, and Backgrounds activated prior to that, and now with it ALL deactivated the customizer works.

Any ideas on how to get the modules section to work again?

Thanks!
    p

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Strange, these 3 modules don’t sound like something would have conflicts with contact form.

Can you try deactivate one module at a time to see which one is causing it?

Paula

I thought the customizer was fully working but it turns out that it is still busted. I can see the customizer (which I couldn’t before) but when I go to publish anything, even with all the modules turned off, I get the little message that says looks like something went wrong and I have to back out and deactivate the contact forms plugin to go make the change and then reactivate it.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you able to create a staging site and share the login with us so we can do some testing on the staging site?

Let me know!

Paula

Hello, I’ve got a site up for you to test things on. Let me know what else you need.

Thanks
    -p

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paula,

I checked your server settings, currently it doesn’t meet the requirement to use all premium modules of GP.

Can you forward the requirement below to your host and let them set the value for you?

upload_max_filesize (256M)
    max_input_time (300)
    memory_limit (256M)
    max_execution_time (300)
    post_max_size (512M)

Let me know when these are all set, we can do another round of test then 🙂

Paula

I contacted my server support folk and they made the changes. Things are working on my end, or at least they appear to be. So I think that did it. Thanks for the help! 🙂

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome!

Glad it’s working now 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.