[Support request] Customize Woocommerce Sidebar Categories Displayed?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customize Woocommerce Sidebar Categories Displayed?

Home Forums Support Customize Woocommerce Sidebar Categories Displayed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shane

Hello again gang!

I am trying to get woocommerce product subcategories to display in the right-hand sidebar. I’ve configured the GP sidebar widget to do this but the product categories don’t seem to show, only blog categories will display.

This got me thinking it would be nice to have the sidebar widget display one set of objects while browsing woocommerce pages and then display another set of objects while browsing blog posts.. Possible?

It seems to me that woocommerce subcategories (or tags) pertaining to specific root categories displaying in the sidebar would make the best location and most sensible set of product filters specifically related to the root product category is being browsed. Right?

Since I am planning to use the primary navigation menu of the site to browse root categories, and I don’t really want to extended these root categories with dropdown sub-categories, I’m going for a simple sidebar widgets displaying ‘filters’ of either subcategories and/or perhaps product tags related to the specific category being browsed.. With this schema in place it seems to me that sub-category landing pages would be somewhat redundant, pointless and confusing. Thoughts?

Am I missing a much more effective way of going about this? Any better way of presenting criteria to filter by?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m afraid I don’t have the answer off the top of my head, but it’s definitely plugin territory. Have you done any searching around for plugins?

Shane

I’ve looked into some plugins, and it even seemed as though the booster plugin I added onto woocommerce should allow me to do something like this.. I see the option clearly to display product categories in sidebar widget but the item simply isn’t visible :-/ Not sure if it’s a quick step to include sub-categories from there..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I haven’t used the plugin so it’s hard to tell. Have you checked with the developer?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.