[Resolved] Customize Search Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize Search Page

Home Forums Support Customize Search Page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

Hi,

I looked around the forum but didn’t found what i needed, except maybe the idea that it couldn’t be possible but I’m asking to be sure.

I’m using a grid plugin to display all my archives pages, to do so i used your PHP function to use page instead of category and tag archives. The design is simple, items are displaying with a square image and title inside the image with overlay effect.

The only page i can’t customize like this is the search result page… is there a way to hook it like my category and tag archives ? Or any possibility to use my grid plugin inside Search page ? Or any other idea ?

Thanks a lot,
    Samuel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Samuel

As I’m working local it’s not as simple as that but I can run a test website if you need it ? The plugin I’m using is WP Grid Builder by Themeone : https://wpgridbuilder.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I believe you’d need to ask the plugin support to see if it can be used in the search result page.

Samuel

Ok, so I resolved this with

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[wpgb_grid id="1" is_main_query="true"]' );

To replace the main loop in search.php :

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();

get_template_part( 'content', 'search' );

endwhile;

By the way I have other problem regarding header of the search page. Using element I’m not able to do anything, nothing is changing in the header… display rules is on “search result”… do I miss something ?

Even this https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-header-on-search-page/#post-1056795 is not working.

Thanks for your help !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So when you create a new Element and set the Display Rules to your search results, nothing shows up at all?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Samuel

Hi,

This is exactly it

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show me a screenshot of your hook content and your Display Rules, and then link me to the search results page?

Thanks!

Samuel

I’m working on local server so I can’t send you the search result page, and I don’t know how to upload image here… but my Display Rule is “Location : Search Result”, and my hook content is adding <h1>[search-title]</h1> shortcode to display title in header (for now it’s displaying under header), also I tried to put a “section image : custom image”, etc. etc.

If you need access, I think I’ll publish my website soon and I’ll hide header with css. When online I’ll send you a link.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A link would definitely be helpful. Which hook is the Element added to?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.