[Resolved] Customize is no longer working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize is no longer working

Home Forums Support Customize is no longer working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jared Wilmer

I just updated to version 1.2.4 and now when I go to the Customize option under Appearance all I get is a blank white screen.

Thanks!

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

That’s weird – if nothing else changed at all (new plugins installed/updated), then I’m willing to bet it’s a memory issue.

Can you try this?: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jared Wilmer

Hey Tom,

I finally got around to trying your fix. It didn’t work however. I also tried flushing my wordpress cache.

Any other ideas? It’s killing me not being able to make these edits!

Thanks!

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

Hmm, usually the memory thing works.

I’m out of office today – using my phone right now.

Can you try turning on WP Debug and see if any errors pop up while you’re in the customizer?

http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michelle Samuel

It looks like my issue is the same as Jared’s

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michelle,

If you can try the things I mentioned above, that would be great.

90% of the time, these errors are hosting related, but I can usually at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Jared Wilmer

Tom,

There were no errors that popped up while I was in the customizer. However, I did see this pop up at the top of my Dashboard/Admin Panel:

“Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/content/p3nexnas06_data02/55/2163955/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3495”

Any ideas?

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

That error is most likely coming from an outdated plugin you have installed.

When you access the Customizer, you don’t see any errors at all?

Can you possibly send me temporary admin access to support@generatepress.com and I can take a deeper look when I get back to my office later this evening?

Thanks!

Jared Wilmer

Tom,

Just sent over an email with your login info.

Thanks a bunch.

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jared,

I deactivated all plugins and activated them one by one and found that the “Blue Hat CDN” was the cause of the Customizer not working.

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Michelle Samuel

Okay, I followed suit and deactivated some plugins. I now can see the customizer, but it does take some time to load, at first appears inactive.

This may be an uneducated question, but how and where do I change the size of the site title?
    At this point have line break issues on the iphone. Are multiple viewing platforms integrated into the theme?

I really enjoy being able to “see” the changes as applied. It is also helpful for learning.

Michelle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Michelle,

Great! You can now activate each plugin one by one, and see which plugin is causing the issue.

As for the site title, you can adjust the size in “Typography” under the “Site title” area.

GP is mobile responsive – what kind of line break issues are you experiencing?

Thanks!

Jared Wilmer

Awesome.

Thanks Tom.

Jared

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome! πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.