[Resolved] Customize Fatal error

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize Fatal error

Home Forums Support Customize Fatal error

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ricardo

Hello!
    Sorry for disturbing, but after near a year using GeneratePress Premium (child theme) without a problem, just today I got an error trying to customize: (Searched forums to no avail)

When I select Appearance -> Customize I got the following errors (the error looks different each time I press “customize”

Always same error, just on a different line:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10880 bytes) in /home/ricardoch1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/import-export.php on line 293

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12800 bytes) in /home/ricardoch1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/import-export.php on line 336

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15360 bytes) in /home/ricardoch1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/import-export.php on line 400

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13440 bytes) in /home/ricardoch1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/library/toolset/types/embedded/includes/import-export.php on line 354

Same error when accesing via the themes page and selecting customize button there.
    Other options as widgets, or menus worked perfectly.
    Far from being an expert, just a medium user.

(please excuse my English)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The more plugins/features that are used, the more memory your installation uses.

You’ll need to increase the memory limit: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Ricardo

Solved!!!!
    Magnificent Support, Thanks a lot.
    Kind regards
    Ricardo

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Laurence Friedmann

Hi Tom,

I’ve updated both the wp-config.php and got the admin to increase memory to 256MB, but the error still persists.

Is there anything else I can try?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you getting the same memory error as above? If so, it’s likely your hosting need to up the memory limit for you.

Laurence Friedmann

Hey Tom,

I am yes, but the memory limit has already been increased and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Can an incompatible plugin cause this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Laurence,

Just want to make sure, have you tried contacting your host to increase the limit for you?

Let us know.

Laurence Friedmann

Hi Leo,

Yes indeed, limit is now at 256MB.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

67108864 bytes = 67.11MB.

Can you confirm that the error is still saying that number of bytes?

If so, you may need to ask your hosting to look into it, as that’s no where close to 256MB.

Laurence Friedmann

Hi Tom,

It is still saying 67108864 bytes, yes.

We’re using a dedicated server and have a company that manages it for us, but I don’t really know what to ask them to do regarding this. Do you know what could be wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If we’re going to listen to the error, it’s saying that 67MB is over your memory limit.

You’ll need to ask the management company to look at it – in this case the error is super specific which is good.

Basically, the way they’ve set the 256MB limit isn’t working, otherwise this error wouldn’t be happening.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.