[Resolved] Customize child themes so they CAN be overridden…

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customize child themes so they CAN be overridden…

Home Forums Support Customize child themes so they CAN be overridden…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Theodore Weddell

Is there a way to customize child themes which still allows them to be overridden via customizer settings? I ask because I would like to offer site admins (multisite) a selection of pre-designed child themes to choose from, which they can then further customize to their liking. The only way I can think of is to add !important to the output of every single customizer setting, and having to do it again every time I update. I’m using the Premium bundle so needless to say, that’s a lot of settings to keep up with. Thus, thought I’d ask first. I’m also open to other ideas.

Thanks,
    Ted

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ted,

Couple of options – you can use the “Import / Export” feature and provide the files for your users to import.

Or you can take a look at how I developed some of our child themes – you’ll see in the functions.php files that there’s a list of options with the desired value.

Both of these options should do what you’re looking for.

Let me know 🙂

Theodore Weddell

I was not aware there were child themes available. Where can I find them?

Theodore Weddell

“Or you can take a look at how I developed some of our child themes…”

It’s really frustrating that you mention the solution is a simple as following the examples in some or your child themes, but not bothering to provide a link. I searched this website through and through. The only child theme I can find is completely blank, which is useless for showing me what I need to know. I have to find a different solution. I can’t spend another 24 hours waiting for the other half of what should be a simple answer to a simple question.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about that – been under the weather today trying to rest up.

You can find the other themes on my WP.org profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/edge22/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.