[Support request] Customize category pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customize category pages

Home Forums Support Customize category pages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I want to completely personally create my category pages, so instead of just a automatically generated list of post in that category I want to manually create it (using the normal wordpress editor, or just manually with HTML code). If possible the usage of elements would be great.

Could you advise me how to proceed?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I would recommend Tom’s WP Show Posts plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Hope this helps!

David

Thats not what I mean.

I dont want the content of the category pages to be automatcally genereted, I want to completely custom create them myself, per category page..

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The plugin should be able to do that. You can select whichever posts you want and create a list to display in static pages

Let me know if I am still missing something 🙂

David

I believe you do not understand what I mean.

I want to create a post and use it as my category page.
    I dont want any automated lists on my category pages.

I believe your plugin only creates the possibility to auto generate lists (thats exactly what I do NOT want).

(ps i did try the plugin)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The plugin can definitely do more than auto generate lists like I mentioned.

Try Add New List > More settings, then you can manually add in the Post IDs of the posts you want so it is NOT an auto generated list.

David

Please allow me to explain again.

I want tp customize my post categories.
    I want them to show my personal code, nothing else, so no lists, nothing else then what I manually enter.

Just like when you create a post, its first empty and then you fill it with your content, thats how I want the category pages to behave.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In order to prevent WordPress from building your category archives, you would need to add custom category.php templates to your child theme: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/post-template-files/

In those files you can make it so those archive pages load anything you like.

Martin

Hello David

You can create the category page in a “Page” or “Post” and perform a 301 redirect from the standard WordPress category to your custom created object that will work as your category page.

Martin

A. R. Choudhury

Hello Martin,

If i use the redirection method, should I index or noindex category page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.