- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Leo.
February 17, 2018 at 9:17 am #498978James
Hi Tom & Leo,
I have noticed that when I go to my main blog page (as well as the category sub pages) or the single post pages I have some white space on the left and right (assuming margin).
What would I need to do in order to achieve the following:
1) reduce the white space on left/right such that only a little bit is showing (let’s say 3% on right and 3% on left) for now to use a number.
2) is there a way to reduce the width of the right sidebar so that my main content area can be wider
My guess for the first one is that I can do this in Customize > Layout > container and play with the settings there. I currently have width set to 1140 and spacing to 20 and layout set to one container. As an aside I’m not really sure what separate containers if selected does which is why I chose single container??
For the second question is it as easy of going into Customize > Layout > Sidebars and just changing sidebar width? I wasn’t sure if that would automatically increase main content width … which as I write this I suspect it will.
Apologies if I’ve asked and answered wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
Thank you as always.
JamesGeneratePress 2.0.2GP Premium 1.5.6February 17, 2018 at 5:20 pm #499206LeoStaffCustomer Support
1) Without seeing the site I would guess that’s the left and right content padding: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-padding/
To see the difference between one container and separate container, set the body background color different than the content background color and play around with the separating space. This page is using separate containers.
2) Yup that’s the correct option. If you decrease the sidebar width, the content container width will increase so that the total equal to the container width you set.
Let me know if this helps 🙂May 26, 2020 at 10:19 am #1302404Serhat
Customize -> Layout -> Blog -> Content -> Single
Uncheck ” Display post date ” and ” Display post author ” doesn’t work. Single post pages still display date and author information under the Title.
GP Premium 1.10.0
SerhatMay 26, 2020 at 3:39 pm #1302705
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.