[Support request] Customize Blog Layout (blog landing page & single post)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customize Blog Layout (blog landing page & single post)

Home Forums Support Customize Blog Layout (blog landing page & single post)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi Tom & Leo,

I have noticed that when I go to my main blog page (as well as the category sub pages) or the single post pages I have some white space on the left and right (assuming margin).

What would I need to do in order to achieve the following:

1) reduce the white space on left/right such that only a little bit is showing (let’s say 3% on right and 3% on left) for now to use a number.
    2) is there a way to reduce the width of the right sidebar so that my main content area can be wider

My guess for the first one is that I can do this in Customize > Layout > container and play with the settings there. I currently have width set to 1140 and spacing to 20 and layout set to one container. As an aside I’m not really sure what separate containers if selected does which is why I chose single container??

For the second question is it as easy of going into Customize > Layout > Sidebars and just changing sidebar width? I wasn’t sure if that would automatically increase main content width … which as I write this I suspect it will.

Apologies if I’ve asked and answered wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Thank you as always.

James

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi James,

1) Without seeing the site I would guess that’s the left and right content padding: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-padding/

To see the difference between one container and separate container, set the body background color different than the content background color and play around with the separating space. This page is using separate containers.

2) Yup that’s the correct option. If you decrease the sidebar width, the content container width will increase so that the total equal to the container width you set.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Serhat

Hi everyone,

Customize -> Layout -> Blog -> Content -> Single

Uncheck ” Display post date ” and ” Display post author ” doesn’t work. Single post pages still display date and author information under the Title.

GeneratePress 2.4.2
    GP Premium 1.10.0

Thank you
    Serhat

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic and link me to the page in question?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.