- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Leo.
May 6, 2020 at 7:40 pm #1272992Janani
I am trying to customize my archive page with a simple format:
Date Post Title
I tried to customize using the customizer – Blog option.
But I see the following:
1. The URL appears – not the title of the blog on the archives page. How do I make the title appear?
2. Post date – how do I customize the format of date?
3. I do not want the content / excerpt to appear. How to remove this?
4. I do not want a featured image, but I see a space where the image must be. How do I get rid of this?
Warm regardsMay 7, 2020 at 7:56 am #1273902LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. The title displays by default and I do it on the page you linked:
2. This is handled by WordPress General Settings:
3. Set the Content type to excerpt and word count to 0:
4. The space isn’t coming from the featured image. It’s actually coming from the massive padding you’ve set in these two options:
Try reducing both of those.May 8, 2020 at 3:55 am #1275074Janani
Thanks for your response.
1. What you see is the URL, not the title of the post. How do I bring the title of the post here?
2. I have reduced my padding at the top and bottom, and I see that it has shifted a little to the top. Do you suggest I reduce my container width and seperator also? but will it not affect my site globally?
3. And you can see in the ‘courses’ page, although the settings are appearing globally, the words are appearing in the top. So why not in the blog page?
4. And lastly, I would like to achieve a format like this:
Date Topic of post
But what I see is:
URL of post
How do I change this?
Warm regards?May 8, 2020 at 9:11 am #1275586LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. I’m confused. This screenshot here is definitely showing the title of the post:
Is that what you entered in the post title field in the editor?
Since the original 2-4 is already solved, can you open a new topic for each of your questions so we can keep track?
We would need to resolve this one first.
Please do take a look at this:
Thanks!May 8, 2020 at 11:29 pm #1276261Janani
Thanks. Understood and made the correction in the title of the post. I shall open a new ticket for the rest.
Warm regardsMay 8, 2020 at 11:30 pm #1276265Janani
Resolved.May 9, 2020 at 8:50 am #1276907
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.