[Resolved] Customization help

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customization help

Home Forums Support Customization help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    William

Hi there, I need some help with the Dispatch theme.

I was wondering if there is a way to chose which post gets to be displayed in the page hero and how to exclude those posts under the “standard” wpsp. I don’t want the same post to repeat twice in the homepage (once in the page hero and the other underneath page hero which is “standard” wpsp).

Thank You in advance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

theres a few methods for managing this.
    The simplest i find is to create a Category ( or a Tag ) – eg. featured for the posts you want displayed in the hero.

Now edit the WPSP list named Header and select the Taxonomy > Category > Featured.

If you have another list that is displaying just the latest posts, also assign it the featured taxonomy term but on the More Settings change Tax Operator to NOT IN

William

Hi David,

Thank You! Have another question.

Let’s say the page hero is displaying recent posts, what do I need to do to exclude those posts from the “standard wpsp” that’s also displaying the recent post. Both are on the homepage. Thank You!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Right now WPSP doesn’t have an option to exclude categories/tags. The other lists would simply need to target the categories it did want and then leave the categories it doesn’t want un-checked.

William

Hi Tom,

I see. Thank You!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.