[Support request] Customising layouts, headers and footers

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customising layouts, headers and footers

Home Forums Support Customising layouts, headers and footers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hi Tom (and others),

Hope your doing well.

Got a small questions today about how easy it might be to customise the theme layout for certain pages/sections.
    What we are trying to achieve is combining to websites into one (hopefully using your theme) and not go down the track of multisite installation.

I’m looking for options to have slightly different branded headers and footers with different options within the one website (i.e. having different titles for the areas and slightly different widget options, say for instance – different social media button links)

Also looking to be able to customise/tweak the footers to show different sponsorship logos, so as to retain the two sites identities when they are merged together. Also looking for more additional layout options to separate the identities (I think this could be achieved through making changes to customiser in regards to containers dimensions, placement, padding, etc and modifying sidebar widgets.

I think I could sort out the sidebar, but are the other options possible within GP without too much child theme coding?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think the widgets thing can be achieved with a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

There’s also widget context, custom sidebars etc.. Lots of options there.

Which specific GP options are you wanting to change throughout the site? Probably possible, but most likely would require custom coding.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.