[Support request] Customiser Broken when GP Premium is active

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customiser Broken when GP Premium is active

Home Forums Support Customiser Broken when GP Premium is active

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clint

Hi guys
    Bit of a strange one here. I have a problem on a new install when trying to make an update to the customiser where it hangs and hangs until I get the aw snap screen on chrome. This is mainly when adding logos or images. I’ve tried on safari and the same issue is there too. I have disabled all the plugins and it seems that it is GP Premium that is the culprit. When i deactivate it there is no problem. I don’t have this problem on any other sites so i am assuming it is a local issue to this site but I am completely stumped.

I have cleared every cache i can think of and have changed the memory limit to 512 in wp-config
    I have noticed that in site health there is a warning that files called fileinfo and Imagick are not installed but i dont have that on any other site either so i think that might be a red herring.

If anyone can help id be very grateful

Cheers
    Clint

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That sounds strange. What happens if you re-install GP Premium?

Can you isolate which module is causing the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Clint

Hi Luke
    Thanks for replying. I did a fresh install of GP Premium and the same thing happened. So i then disabled all the GP Premium modules and activated them one by one. The problem only occurs when either one or a combination of colors, Spacing, & Typography modules are activated. It all operates as expected when these are de-activated.

Very odd?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you make sure that the increased memory allocation is actually applied as some Server are capped. 512mb should be enough but your site is also running a page builder so maybe up it to 756mb if possible.

Clint

Hi Apologies for the delay in replying it seems that the workaround was short lived as the same thing is happening again. This time turning off modules is not curing the problem. Unfortunately its making things really difficult to customise now. I have increased memory to 756mb as suggested but it doesnt have any effect. Im wondering if there could be something on the server end like a modsec rule that could be causing it? I’ve noticed it on a couple of other sites this week too which makes me think it might be something more central.

regards

Clint

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That does sound like something is wrong at the server level.
    Have you spoken with your host?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.