[Resolved] Customisation of Dispatch image grid

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customisation of Dispatch image grid

Home Forums Support Customisation of Dispatch image grid

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Brenda

Hi David,

It doesn’t look like my designer was able to resolve the issue 🙁

Apparently by default the images in the main grid – and the text within – all link to blog posts. I would like these images to all link to static pages.

Previously my designer was able to link the images to static pages, bar one image which is supposed to be purely decorative.

However once we activated the blog, things changed – hence the question on removing the link from the image, which I asked you on 29 Dec.

But it seems the recent CSS has wiped out the original links to the static images on all the images in the grid, and my designer’s not able to get them back.

Hope it’s possible to make the grid images (and text) link to the static pages…?

Thanks,
    Brenda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That CSS should work – i added it ( using Developers Tools to test ) directly after the last piece of CSS i provided and it works.

In regards to linking to Static Pages – then that will be related to the WP Show Posts list that is being used for the Grid. We covered this on point 1 here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/customisation-of-dispatch-image-grid/#post-1075902

You can assign posts or pages to be displayed. Let me know

Brenda

Hi David,

We seem to have resolved the grid image-linking issue, through a combination of going over all your posts above, the GP documentation pages and the Dispatch documentation as well (phew).

My designer has now set it up ‘using a redirection, if someone clicks the image it takes you to the link i want’

Thank you so much for your help.

I’ll close this now as resolved, hopefully I won’t need to re-open it again for this project *crosses fingers*.

FYI, I really like the aesthetics of Dispatch and would like to provide feedback/suggestions if this would be welcome? This would be in the nature of layout customisation options if that were possible/feasible. If yes, please let me know how I could send this to you and the team.

Many thanks, Brenda

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    Any suggestions are welcome – if you want you can share theme here or you can submit them via the Account Issue form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Julie

Brenda, would you mind sharing your URL so I can see how you’ve customized Dispatch? Thanks!

Brenda

Hello Julie, thanks for getting in touch

Just to clarify…are you part of the GP customer support team?

Regards, Brenda

Julie

Hi Brenda,
    No, I’m not! I’m using Dispatch for a project (in progress) – https://borderlore.org/ and just looking for other examples how people have modified the theme.
    Julie

Brenda

Hi Julie,

My apologies for the mix-up, I thought the customer support people were trying to get in touch about something else I had asked about. Hope I didn’t offend.

We’re in the middle of transferring the domain name of my site from the owner’s previous one over this weekend; as soon as everything is up and running correctly, I’ll send you the proper link to my site. We expect it to take at least 72 hours because of the weekend.

Thanks for sending me a link to your site – it looks great – congratulations!

Regards, Brenda

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.