[Support request] Customers are making double orders because they aren’t moved away from checkout

Home Forums Support [Support request] Customers are making double orders because they aren’t moved away from checkout

Home Forums Support Customers are making double orders because they aren’t moved away from checkout

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robin

I’m having issues with our WooCommerce shop. Several customers are placing duplicate orders because when they try to complete an order, they are moved up to the top of the page and they see a red error box with no message in it. They are not taken to see their order details, but are left on the checkout page with all their items still in the cart, however the order has gone through. Some people have places as many as five duplicate orders this way and we have to refund many orders. This problem does not occur when I switch to the WordPress Twenty Twenty theme, but only occurs on GeneratePress.

FYI, I tried replacing the long dash in the customer-processing-order.php template with — as that helped on another installation, but perhaps I’m still missing something. Do you know how I can fix this issue?

You are free to activate or deactivate the theme for testing, as we have directed most traffic away from the site for now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The theme itself shouldn’t interfere with the checkout functionality at all as it’s completely handled by WooCommerce.

We haven’t had this issue reported from other users either.

Can you disable all plugins except WooCommerce to eliminate any unknown conflicts from somewhere else?

You can disable GP Premium as well as other custom functions you’ve added.

Also please make sure the WooCommerce plugin files have not been modified at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.