[Support request] Custom page / post template generation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Custom page / post template generation

Home Forums Support Custom page / post template generation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    qpaq

Hi,

Do you have a plugin suggestion to create additional post/page templates under GP? (something like Post Custom Templates)

I also look for a way to dedicate certain templates to be used in specific post categories automatically.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

what difference is there between the standard and custom post/page template ?
    Will you be adding any addititional meta or custom fields ?
    Or will it just be a layout and styling change ?

qpaq

Yes, I’d like to use additional custom fields meta. Besides I’d like to set up different layouts for certain category posts.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah ok. Good news is GP is compatible with all well coded plugins.
    But the options for CPT etc are vast. Found this article will shares a list of the top ones and what capabilities they have:

https://blog.templatetoaster.com/wordpress-custom-post-type-plugins/

qpaq

Hi David,

Thanks for the link however I see that I couldn’t express myself very well. It is not the custom post types that I’m interested in. I know how to create CPTs. But I’d like to create different layouts for posts and able to select these layouts according to the categories.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/create-custom-single-post-templates-for-specific-posts-or-sections-in-wordpress/

Much like as the methods described here but with a plugin instead of going into the coding. I’m not very much familiar with revising the PHP codes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not sure if this kind of thing will be possible without coding (at least CSS). Certain page builders may be able to do it, but I’m not 100% sure.

qpaq

It’s a pity for me and an opportunity for some plugin developers then. Thanks Tom.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.