[Resolved] Custom margins for mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom margins for mobile

Home Forums Support Custom margins for mobile

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    George

Is there any way to use different element margins when on mobile? My margins are large for reading on large screens, but they end up being way to big for mobile.

As usual, thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely – you’ll need to use some custom CSS targeted for mobile like this:

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
          /* mobile CSS in here */
    }
    George

Excellent! It worked great (after some experimentation looking for which elements I needed to target, and discovering there was extra spacing in the footer). Here’s my code for anybody else that might need it. Tom, I’m sure you have some feedback on it as well, just in case I targeted anything unnecessary. FYI, all of the feedback you have given me is easily worth the price I paid for GP premium πŸ™‚

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    	.separate-containers .inside-article, .separate-containers .comments-area, 
    					.separate-containers .page-header, .separate-containers .paging-navigation, 
    					.one-container .site-content, .separate-containers .widget.inner-padding {
    		padding-left: 25px;
    		padding-right: 25px;
    	}

.separate-containers .site.footer-widgets {
    		padding-left: 0;
    	}
    }
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks good to me! Good job πŸ™‚

George

Thank you. Hopefully the code will be useful for somebody else who is in the same boat as me.

Tully

Hi Tom

I am trying to do a similar thing – just want the right and left margins to be smaller than they are on mobile. I have tried the above CSS but nothing appears to change? It does work on one of my generate press websites, http://www.bendigodogtraining.com.au, but not on the other: http://www.campaspeworkingdogs.com/wordpress. Thanks Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The site where it’s not working is password protected so I can’t check.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you’re using Sections, so your CSS would be:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .generate-sections-inside-container {
            padding-left: 25px;
            padding-right: 25px;
        }
    }
    Tully

Hi Tom,

On its own that didn’t work, but when I inserted the .generate-sections-inside-container into the CSS in the above code from George it worked. As always, thanks for the amazing support for GeneratePress! Can I donate?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

That would be amazing! There’s an ongoing development link in my signature below πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Tully

Just sent $100 your way. Thanks for all your help Tom and the great theme etc!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s amazing, thank you so much! Incredibly generous πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.