[Resolved] Custom links in Child Themes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom links in Child Themes

Home Forums Support Custom links in Child Themes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank Richards

Hi,

I’m trying to install Buddypress and BBpress. They work fine, but I cannot get custom links to appear in the nav menu of a GP child theme, although they work just fine in GP itself. I’ve tried Statement, Exhibit and Forefront, all with the same results. Is there something extra I need to do?

Thanks,

Frank

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Frank,

Make sure you’re setting the theme location of the menu: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/using-menus/#set-theme-location

Frank Richards

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that link. I found a second place where I had to tell (I guess) the theme what was the primary menu. I guess the first time I only told WordPress.

Unfortunately, my troubles are not over. BBPress says that if I have pretty permalinks enabled, which I do, the custom link /forums will go to the top of BBPress, the forum list. Once again, this works flawlessly in GeneratePress, and 404s in the child themes. It doesn’t matter whether I type it in or click the menu, now that I can. 404 either way.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try going to “Settings > Permalinks” and clicking the save button – that should rebuild your permalinks and fix this.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Frank Richards

Yup, that, and clearing the cache, did it. Thank you very much.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.