[Resolved] Custom link for archive page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom link for archive page

Home Forums Support Custom link for archive page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Petri

Hi support,

I display my posts on a ‘normal’ page, using the Content Views plugin (so not on the WP posts page).
    In the post I want to display the date, a link to the prev/next post and a link back to the ‘normal’ page.

When I check the option ‘Display post categories’ in Customizer -> Blog, the link goes to the category archive page.
    Is there a way to change this link so it goes to the ‘normal’ page?

Please see the address of the normal page below.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

In the post I want to display the date, a link to the prev/next post and a link back to the ‘normal’ page.

Sorry I’m a little bit confused.

Are you wanting to add some content in the content from Content Views plugin?

If so this is something you will need to check with the plugin’s support team.

The customizer option in GeneratePress will only work in WordPress’ default blog and archive pages.

Petri

Hi Leo,

I don’t want to add content to the content 😉
    I would like to change the link in the meta below the post content, now it goes to mywebsite.com/category/news/ I want to change this link to mywebsite.com/news/ (which is the Content Views page with all the posts)

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

see the doc here – the PHP Snippet it provides will redirect any Category to a Static page with the same slug:

https://docs.wpshowposts.com/article/use-static-pages-as-category-archives/

Petri

Great, thank you David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.