[Resolved] Custom Header with Transparent Menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom Header with Transparent Menu

Home Forums Support Custom Header with Transparent Menu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joel

Hi

I’m using the most recent versions of GeneratePress Pro & Elementor Pro for my site. I’ve created a customer header with Elementor as I wanted to take advantage of the shape divider feature. To get this working with your transparent menu feature I’ve used Anywhere Elementor plugin and added the shortcode to the Page Header – Content section of generatepress. This has got the feature working the way I’d hoped apart from now there’s a large gap below the header and before the body content.

Could this be to do with the size of the featured image / page header section? Is there a way to change the size of this?

Alternatively is there a better way to approach this?

The reason I’ve done it this way is I want the menu transparent but when people scroll down for the background of the menu to fade in making the menu easy to read still.

Sorry no links, it’s on a private network at the moment

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joel,

Sorry a little hard to tell where the gap is coming from without seeing the site.
    Are you able to provide a screenshot?

Is this what you are looking for by any chance? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-header-navigation-content/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be worth just adding the Elementor section to the post content (how you would regularly build a page with a page builder), and then use the instructions Leo posted where you add an HTML comment to the page header content.

If that doesn’t work, re-creating the issue on a live site so we could see would definitely help us find a solution quicker πŸ™‚

Joel

Thank you both.

That is the look I’m going for but when I build the look I’m going for in the page the menu completely disappears at the top unless I scroll down. I’m guessing this is me doing something stupid, still getting used to working with these two together.

Here’s a live site version of what’s happening (built in the page) http://bit.ly/2mo6YTw

Thanks again

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have the Featured Image/Page Header disabled using the Disable Elements meta box?

Joel

Hi Tom, yes that’s the one. (knew I’d done something stupid). Had turned it off thinking it wasn’t needed, just turned it on and all worked. Thanks for your time!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.