[Support request] Custom grid for Category pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Custom grid for Category pages

Home Forums Support Custom grid for Category pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Espen

Hi,

I’m moving over from Divi to GP and I am looking to basically replicate my design. I think the most challenging part of that will be the Category pages and before I get started I thought I’d see if you have some ideas on how to best proceed.

I have added a link to one of my existing category page in private information.

The main challenge I think will be the grid layout. With one large image on the top left, and then The Recents Comments box for that category to its right. Below is a standard 3×3 grid displaying the rest of the posts but it fills out the width of the container, so there is not really a sidebar.

This was made with the Divi builder using two separate show post modules. The bottom grid is offset by 1 post (the top post), and a custom pagination system is used to offset the post loops on the next pages. This has its problems, so if possible I’d like to use just one loop for the layout.

Like I said I am just wondering where to start on this with GP. I am fairly well versed in PHP and CSS so feel free to get nerdy if necessary:)

I’m using GP 3.0 Alpha for the development.

Thanks!

-Espen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

well thats a fun one to replicate.

Aside of creating your own custom template.
    You could use GP Hooks – to hook in the Featured Post and the Comments feed.

Then eliminate that post from the main query by giving the Featured Post a taxonomy term for exclusion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.