[Resolved] Custom field not working in header-element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom field not working in header-element

Home Forums Support Custom field not working in header-element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inga

Hi,
    the custom field in my homepage-header-element does not work. I named the custom field “slogan”, inserted the code {{custom_field.slogan}} in my header-HTML, created on the homepage a new custom field with the same name and put some content in it. On the frontend it still shows the code {{custom_field.slogan}} instead of the content.

It also doesn’t show the featured image set unter “Page Hero”, only the fallback-image works.

All theses things mentioned above work well when I display it on another page. Only on the front page these things don’t work.

Maybe there are conflicts, because my front page is at the same time the woocommerce-shop-page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

custom fields and featured images for the archive pages won’t work – basically anything added via a Meta Box in the archives will be ignored by WordPress.

For that particular page it would be simplest to create a separate Header Element that contains a Custom Image and some HTML for your slogan.

Inga

Hi David,
    thanks for your reply! But creating a separate header-element is exactly what I did, or am I misunderstanding something? So I just have to hard-code the slogan in the HTML and I can’t give my clients the chance to change the slogan in a custom field without touching the HTML? The same with the image. Because it’s the woocommerce-shop-page?
    Ok, thanks anyway.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The only way around it would be to use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. Then the custom fields could be ‘stored’ somewhere else and called using a shortcode.

Inga

Ok, I’ll take a look at this. Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.