[Resolved] Custom field display is not wrapping correctly around inline centered image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom field display is not wrapping correctly around inline centered image

Home Forums Support Custom field display is not wrapping correctly around inline centered image

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just to confirm, am I looking for this page?: /from-train-of-thought-to-terrain-of-thought/

I can’t seem to load it – getting a too many connections error.

Martin
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The link has expired, but when it was working I was unable to load that page.

Any chance you can replicate the issue on the homepage, and then regenerate a live link?

Martin

I am in the process of going online this week. I’ll get back to you when that happens and you can check it online. Thanks so much

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, I’ll be here 🙂

Martin

Hi Tom
    The staging site is up at:
    https://icasc.ca/staging/from-train-of-thought-to-terrain-of-thought/

You can see the page with no images yet. (I’m putting images up tomorrow).

I think I already gave you the login to the back end right?

good luck and many thanks.

PS on another note, I am having trouble with [gp-social] interfering with a Toolset view when it is placed in a view? I registered it in the Toolset settings as a 3rd party shortcode but it seems to cause problems… (works fine in other places, but I wanted to place it in a view so it would show after each post on my blog. Curiously, this works on an archive page like: https://icasc.ca/staging/category/reports/ but not on a view included in a page content template…)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the issue viewable on that page? I’m not seeing anything like the screenshot.

Does Toolset accept standard shortcodes? I’m not that familiar with [gp-social], but it should function like any other shortcode.

Martin

Yes Toolset accepts shortcodes. Just have to register them in the Toolset settings. I think it is important to get this working (if we can) because Toolset really pushes your theme as one of the best. They recently discontinued DIVI support but GeneratePress is one of 3 recommended by them as lightweight and compatible. https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

The issue is visible on the page because the text wraps around the placeholder graphics. Sorry I’ll have images up there later today if you want to wait – but it is visible if you wait a minute for it to render…

Martin

Hi Tom, all the images are up on my site now. So the text wrap (on 1st and 2nd image – not the video) is visible at:
    https://icasc.ca/staging/from-train-of-thought-to-terrain-of-thought/

Let me know if you need to get in the back end and I’ll send you credentials privately.

many thanks
    Martin

Martin

Hi Tom
    Lets not worry about this any more. It’s an isolated thing and I put a <div style="clear:both;"></div> around the remaining text after the pics and the wrapping stopped. I’m sure we both have bigger fish to fry… Thanks so much – I love GP!

PS (if you don’t mind I’m going to open another ticket to tackle the [gp-social] interference in a Toolset view – but I’ll hold off until I run it by Toolset one more time…there is nothing particularly unusual in your plugin is there – just some html… nothing should be breaking a view…?)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you figured out a solution.

GP Social isn’t actually our plugin – it’s built by one of the users of our theme. From what I’ve seen, there’s nothing crazy going on.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.