[Resolved] Custom Designing Layout of blog posts on the latest posts home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom Designing Layout of blog posts on the latest posts home page

Home Forums Support Custom Designing Layout of blog posts on the latest posts home page

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Elvin.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jean

Good afternoon!
    I would like to custom design my blog posts on the latest posts (home page) so that each post shows the featured photo on the left with all text on the right. The default has the featured photo right below the title, with the text underneath. How do I do this so that it is similar to the homepage of the website I listed in private information? Thank you so much!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jean,

Looking at the site you linked, it doesn’t seem like you’ll need to create a static page for it.

You can give this block element – content template a try, in this way you can build the template you want for your blog/archive posts:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

Then you can insert a WP Query loop block to the blog page as the WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR section of the example site by using a block element – hook.

Let me know if you need further assistance πŸ™‚

Jean

Thank you so much! This worked. But my featured image automatically displays at the very top of each individual blog post- is there a way to remove this? Thanks again!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jean,

Have you sorted this out? I’ve checked a single posts pages and I don’t see anything unusual.

Perhaps I’m missing it. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Jean

Hi Elvin! I have not sorted this out. The website I listed earlier was an example site (goal of what I would like my static page to look like).
    After applying the block element content template, the featured image is appearing at the very top of my blog posts and I don’t know how to hide it. Thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use support@generatepress.com. πŸ˜€

A wise man once said:

Jean

To clarify, I also had downloaded a plugin to hide the featured image from single posts. It didn’t fix my problem because although it removed the featured image from the top of the single blog post, it also removed the image in my recipe card. I don’t know how to hide the featured image from the very top of the single posts, but keep it elsewhere like in the recipe card.

Jean

Thanks! Just sent the email.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve yet to view the layout of the site to get a full idea of how the layout was done but once we get to inspect it, we can make recommendations. πŸ™‚ I’ve checked the site. Thanks.

If you were using a Block Element – Hook w/ a dynamic featured image inside it, the perceived duplicate is either the image on the Block Element – Hook itself, or the default featured image being displayed by the theme.

Now, if you plan to display the featured image in a custom manner through a Block Element – Hook, that’s actually right to disable the default featured image displayed by the theme.

To do this, you won’t need an extra plugin. Normally you can just disable the featured image from being displayed through Appearance > Customize > Layout > Blog, on “Posts” tab, you can uncheck “display featured image”. https://share.getcloudapp.com/4guP4eBy

This setting should remove the featured image from ALL posts, regardless of taxonomy.

If you want to disable the featured image on specific taxonomy (category or tag), you can use a Layout element to do that – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/ – with the Disable element tab + the correct display rule location. πŸ™‚

A wise man once said:

Jean

Really appreciate your quick help and patience! Thank you for showing me where to go to hide the featured image. It appears that other than the featured image, none of my photos in my blog posts that I’ve added appear when I view the blog post.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

It appears that other than the featured image, none of my photos in my blog posts that I’ve added appear when I view the blog post.

You have this CSS on your site’s Simple CSS:

.entry-content img {
        display: none;
    }

It’s hiding all the image within the content. Consider removing this if it serves no purpose. πŸ˜€

A wise man once said:

Jean

Resolved. =) Thank you for helping a newbie like me.
    As always, excellent support.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. πŸ˜€

A wise man once said:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.