[Support request] Custom CSS not loading after migrating my site

Home Forums Support Custom CSS not loading after migrating my site

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ruben

Hi Team,

I have been working on a site locally, adding custom CSS in the customizer, among other things. Everything was working fine locally but once uploaded it to the server some of the custom CSS does not seem to work so many things are out of place.

Some of the code that is not working is the one targeting plugins like Shortcodes Ultimate, Contact Form 7 and WP Showposts.

This is the website in question:

https://www.lamirateca.com/beta/

Any idea of what may be causing the site to ignore the custom CSS?

Thank you

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

On your newly migrated site, can you check if your WP show posts list were also migrated?

If not, perhaps your database from the local site was not properly migrated.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Ruben

Hi Elvin,

I have been checking every detail of the web. Everything was migrated perfectly, WP Show Posts lists included. My only problem is with the CSS styles.

CSS targeting plugins like Shortcodes Ultimate, Contact Form 7 and WP Showposts only work on small screen: tablet and mobile and it should work for all screen sizes. I just don’t know the reason, it’s really weird. As I said, in Local it works just fine.

If you check the website https://www.lamirateca.com/beta/ you can see that all Contact Form 7 subscription boxes at the bottom change their style when the screen is smaller.

Same thing here with different screen sizes, on Shorcodes Ultimate spoilers: http://www.lamirateca.com/beta/terminos-y-condiciones/

Can you please help me find where the problem is?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have broken @media queries in your CSS. See here:

/* Filter Toggle on Mobile*/
    @media(max-width: 1024px) {

.prdctfltr_wc,
        .woocommerce-breadcrumb {
            padding-left: 30px !important;
        }

/* Stacked Gallery for desktop and sticky summary */
        @media(min-width: 1024px) {

.woocommerce-tabs {
                width: 60%;
            }

The first @media(max-width: 1024px) { opens but never closes with a } before the next media query

Ruben

David, you are a life saver for rookies like me.

That was the problem. I don’t know at which point that } disappeared from the code after migrating. I probably deleted it myself at some point… shame on me :). You live and you learn.

Anyway, as always, thank you so much. This is the reason I use Generatepress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Easily done! Glad to be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.