[Support request] Custom CSS for website built with Site library

Home Forums Support [Support request] Custom CSS for website built with Site library

Home Forums Support Custom CSS for website built with Site library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dalibor

Hi,
    I’ve built a website using a child theme on top premium GP theme, with a site library template.
    After working on its speed a bit, I’ve noticed that certain images are being loaded from gpsites.co, and not from my server.
    My media library has these images in the Upload folder, but they are not connected.

As far as I can tell, they are called from a style-1294.css file, which is located in wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/ folder (I have GenerateBlocks plugin installed).
    After modifying style-1294.css with URL-s for my website, styling is gone. I’ve rechecked that I’ve entered a valid URL path, and I can’t tell why is this solution not working? I haven’t changed anything but the URL-s path.

After I revert the changes, the website is operational again (but it loads those files from gpsites.co and thus slowing down my site speed).

Any suggestions?

P.s. I’ll leave the URL in private info

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is the issue still visible?

I just view the site source and search for gpsites.co but there was no reference to it.

Let me know 🙂

Dalibor

Yes, it is.
    https://gtmetrix.com/reports/itjobsremote.com/l5YtoCnE/
    gpsites.co url on images

First part of the style-1294.css code pointing to it:
    .gb-container .wp-block-image img{vertical-align:middle;}.gb-container.gb-container-122860d4{background-image:linear-gradient(135deg, #470cd0 20%, #00a9ff 80%);position:relative;overflow:hidden;}.gb-container.gb-container-122860d4:before{content:"";background-image:url(//gpsites.co/landing/wp-content/uploads/sites/66/development.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center top;background-size:cover;

Code for the URL: “background-image:url(//gpsites.co/landing/wp-content/uploads/sites/66/development.jpg)”

When I change it with URL for my website/same image

All styling goes down.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the CSS background image is being loaded as the background of the first Container Block of the front page. Currently there is no easy way to download a CSS background image and have the URLs updated on import.

Our expectations for people using the Site Library would be that those images would be updated with the users own content. If you want to use the background image that site imported then would need to download the image from the gpsites URL, save it with a new name, upload it to your Media Library and then edit the Container Blocks background.

Dalibor

Ok, thank you.
    It’s a bit strange that those images are downloaded locally in media, but called from gpsites.co.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It should only affect images that are added as Background Images. Theres not a simple way to swap the URLs in a CSS property

Glad to be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.