[Resolved] Custom crop for blog index featured images?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom crop for blog index featured images?

Home Forums Support Custom crop for blog index featured images?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Zach

Hooray! That did it.

(I edited the following after some more tests…)

While we’re on the subject, I wonder about the interaction between “Customizer > Layout > Page Header > Single Post Header Location” and the new 1.4 Page Header system:

If the 1.4 Page Header system is not used and I set the Customizer “Single Post Header Location” to “Hide” then I get a featured image on single Pages but not on single Posts / CPTs. So the scope of that setting doesn’t seem clear, and it’s not obvious to the user that a featured image will always be inserted in lieu of a Page Header.

If I leave the Customizer set as above, make a header in the 1.4 Page Header system, and assign it to all “Global Locations” then the header will be hidden on single Posts / CPTs (but visible on single Pages) because of the scope mentioned above.

I guess I’m questioning 2 things:

1. Why not remove the default featured image on single posts/pages/CPTs? The user could include one using the new Page Header system anyway, and there’s currently no way to turn off the featured image on Pages without disabling the new Page Header system too.
    2. Could the scope of the “Single Post Header Location” Customizer setting be more clearly labeled, and/or expanded to include single Pages. (Or the “Hide” option could be removed since the Page Header System has Global Locations anyway that seem to overlap it?)

Anyway, I appreciate your troubleshooting and patience. I hope you don’t mind my suggestions. Thanks for a great, flexible theme!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. GPP 1.5 is blog focused, and will address this gap. Working on it right now actually.

2. This option needs some love, and maybe even needs to be removed. Working on making it more clear 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.