[Resolved] cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Home Forums Support [Resolved] cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Home Forums Support cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    achims

Hi,

on a website where a give some help there is no possibility to start automatic update of gp premium.

The failure message: cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

I want to contact the server support. What could be a potential server restriction which leads to this failure?

Thanks for any help!

Achim

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Achim

some checks / possibilities:

server is running latest PHP and cURL libraries.
    Increase Memory Limit
    Any firewall/security modules e.g mod_security that could be blocking cURL requests.
    Limitations in the wp-cron such as loop back is disabled.
    DNS configuration.

achims

Hi David,

thanks! Hope the server-support has got an idea πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would hope so! Usually a PHP verion / memory limit issue

achims

php info:
    cURL support enabled
    memory_limit 256M
    php 7.2.5

The air becomes thinner πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Check with you host that it can contact generatepress.com

achims

“Check with you host” ? – Sorry i dont understand.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Contact your hosting provider and ask them πŸ™‚

JERRY

I am having the same curl 28 error, and I have followed the steps in your documentation. I have contacted my hosting provider and deactivated plugins. Is there a fix to this issue, I don’t see where it has been fixed on this page.

this is what InMotion Hosting has told me needs to happen, as they are unable to meet my request to fix the issue.

[Jacob M.] I see. So in regards to the curl error, that is likely because the plugin is not using a user agent to connect to the server. A user agent is required to make these connections to the server. Unfortunately, this is not something that we can adjust for you, as the plugin developer will need to correct their code to be able to implement this. Unfortunately, that is the only way of correcting this issue, as there is no other workaround, as you are on a shared server, and it is not possible to remove that limitation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the reasons for this can be many. Where are you seeing the error ? Is this when you’re trying to update the plugin ?

JERRY

Yes, I see this when I am trying to update the plugin.

JERRY

It is when I put the licence key in and hit Save, to be more specific.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When you click that save button, the code tries to communicate with our generatepress.com server to verify that the license key exists and is active.

When that communication is blocked, this error happens.

That communication can be blocked because:

a) Your server has a firewall and is blocking the response from our server (saying license is good/bad etc..)
    b) Our server has blocked your server from sending the request in the first place. Our server doesn’t do this by default, so it’s quite rare. If your server support can confirm #1 is not happening, we can check out server firewall blocked-list for your server IP if you provide it.

JERRY

Ok, I talked with my hosting provider with the proposed issues and they don’t see any. Here is my server ip 173.247.254.148

Hopefully, this works.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just asked our hosting (Kinsta) to check if that IP is being blocked by our firewall. They confirmed that it’s not blocked on our end.

Can they confirm that they can ping our server from their server without any issues? This is a great article to check out: https://www.samuelaguilera.com/post/curl-error-28-wordpress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.