[Resolved] CTA Button

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CTA Button

Home Forums Support CTA Button

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Stanley

I am not a professional – I am an end user. So grant me a bit of chance to vent. I had my site converted from Divi to generatepress for load time issues and generatepress did solve that problem. But easy of use? Oh, man not for me. Every issue now I have to go a developer – things I easily solved in Divi.

So I thought would try something simple – add a CTA button. So in block view I click on the plus sign, select “button” from generateblocks and I am able to add a button – and I can add some text for the button. That is pretty much it. No options to add the url for link to the landingpage I want, no ability to move the button. Clicking “options” gives me in fact very few. What am I missing.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Stanley,

Here’s the documentation of GB buttons block, everything you asked can be found here:
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/buttons-overview/

Stanley

Thanks for your response, but the article does not address how to move the button to another location on the page. I would expect to be able to drag and drop but apparently not. If I ckick the ellipse, select “move to” all that changes is that block elements now seem to be highlighted, but no indication of how I need to move it. Mouse click does nothing, no right click options.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the WordPress block editor can take a little getting used to, especially if you have come from a page builder.

Is it possible to see your site, and the page you’re having the current issue with ?
    We can then do a quick mockup on how to make changes based on a similar design.

Stanley
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

the article does not address how to move the button to another location on the page

The question is a general WP block editor question, as the individual block provider, we don’t get to decide how blocks can be moved around in the block editor. As David said, it takes some effort to get used to it if you were using page builder before. They are quite different.

For how to move blocks in WP block editor, check this article from WP:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/moving-blocks/

Are you talking about this button?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/605VnUHpPW7

Where do you want it to be?

Stanley

OK thanks to Ying and David, I have it at an acceptable position, though I would have liked some background contrast for the block, but could not find any way to do it. I really don’t understand why anyone can work with this block arrangement. Is there a pagebuilder that is not resource intensive like Divi that I could install? One that would not ruin my loading times?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Page builders are generally slow, I guess that’s what you have to pay for the convenience.

You can give Elementor a try ๐Ÿ™‚

But if you use Elementor, I don’t think there’s a point to switch from Divi to WP.

Stanley

OK. Well I don’t like slow. Maybe just learn to use the block builder! Thanks for your help.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.