[Resolved] CSS Page Disappearing and Not Updating

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS Page Disappearing and Not Updating

Home Forums Support CSS Page Disappearing and Not Updating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcia

I have been using the OrginSite CSS plugin and the last few days have had serious problems with CSS disappearing. I asked my host provider to up my site memory; no change. I then unplugged all my plugins, then only activated GP and OriginSite CSS; no change. That leads me to believe that there is a problem with the CSS plugin. I have written to their tech support, but since it is a free plugin, I have to wait 3-4 days, unless I pay the $29 upgrade fee.

When I contacted you a day or so ago, y’all recommended I try the Simple CSS plugin. So I deactivated Origin CSS, then downloaded and activated Simple CSS. To my chagrin, my CSS did not appear and when I checked my site online, many (but not all) formatting changes were gone. At first look, it was not apparent why some were kept and other weren’t. It had nothing to do with when the changes had been made; some old, some new.

I then deactivated Simple CSS and reactivated Orgin. Had to copy a CSS Revision to get the most recent, uploaded CSS even though some changes were still unmade.
    While it is good to have my CSS back, I can’t make any CSS changes, since once it saves, it comes back with a blank page.

Suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It sounds like a server issue, but of course that’s just a guess.

It could be the size of the CSS you’re saving being rejected by the database?

Marcia

I checked on my hosting server, SiteGround, and there seem to be several style.css files stored in various places. They vary from 610 bytes to 7 kb or so. And I’m more confused, since the only one that seemed to have most of my edited CSS is this one:

wp-content/uploads/so-css-so-css-generatepress.css

Marcia

Just got off a chat with SiteGround and they have maxed all the PHP settings for the site: time execution, max files upload, max vars, and removed server cache. Made a quick text size edit and was able to save the CSS fine.

Hoping that’s a fix. If not, I’ll be back!

Thanks again, you guys are great.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hopefully that does it for good now 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.