[Resolved] CSS not displaying on most pages (plain HTML)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS not displaying on most pages (plain HTML)

Home Forums Support CSS not displaying on most pages (plain HTML)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gleb

I’m having a weird issue with many pages not loading CSS and just showing plain HTML on my site. It’s strange because my site look fine in my browser (firefox) but most pages are broken (html only) in other browsers, devices, and websites that show website previews like gtmetrix.com.

I recently installed Autoptimize and WP Fastest Cache plugins so I thought it’s related to that. But I disabled them and the issue seems to remain. And I tried disabling all plugins, clearing cloudflare cache, and browser cache, but again no effect.

I’ve always had trouble seeing changes that I made on my site (and can see immediately in Firefox) not showing up when I check them on my phone, even after clearing cache on the phone browsers, in WordPress, and Cloudflare. Maybe that’s related somehow?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gleb,

I’m not sure I’m seeing what you mean w/ the linked page. It looks fine when I checked it as shown here –
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRuNqgmp

As for not reflecting the changes done immediately, it’s usually a caching issue so it’s quite strange that the changes still won’t reflect when you purge or disable caching.

But I’m not entirely sure if you’ve missed anything, say if the hosting itself has some sort of page-caching on the backend that you may have to clear as well.

But yeah, issues like this are usually cache related. Multiple layers of cache can be a pain to deal with. (browser cache, cache from plugin, cache from host’s page caching(if any), cache from CDN)

gleb

Thanks Elvin, it looks like my hosting provider does have two caching services, I’m going to see if clearing those has an effect.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Let us know how it goes. ๐Ÿ˜€

gleb

Purging the Varnish cache fixed it, thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.